I am LIVING for this amazing combo. Think charcuterie platter but on a open-faced toast. Garlic toast with a simple shredded tomato spread for some brightness and freshness (and acidity) topped with assorted salami’s (I’m using coppa and spicy sopressato here) and shredded asiago cheese. Drizzled on with olive oil. This takes less than 20 minutes to make and is just an all together great meal for either entertaining appetizers or to eat as your dinna meal, like I did. However I am definitely presenting this at my next holiday party!
- 1 baguette
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20 slices assorted charcuterie of your choice we used coppa and spicy sopressata
- thinly shredded asiago cheese use with a peeler
- drizzle of Filippo Berio Robusto Olive Oil
- 4 red tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- To begin, take your tomatoes and shred them through a microplane. Place in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice your baquette in 1/2 and in 4 pieces. Heat a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil and toast the bread, inside down until crusty how you prefer. Quickly take a garlic cloves and spread it over the bread.
- Take your tomato mixture and spread that over the toast. Top with your charcuterie, peeled asiago and a drizzle of oil to finish.
Keep up with me on instagram @lindseyeatsla!