The most dreamiest, creamiest tortilla soup ever. think regular tortilla soup but blended up in a creamy form and topped with all the best things (like cilantro, homemade tortilla chips, avocado and queso fresco). The soup is made with a base of onions, garlic, chunky salsa, aromatics and spices like oregano and paprika, too.
It’s seriously the BEST!
- 1 white onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno
- 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 fresh roma tomatoes
- 1 ⁄2 cup Fresh Cravings Chunky Salsa
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 th teaspoon cumin
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons cashews
- 4 corn tortillas roughly chopped
- juice of one lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- For topping: Crispy tortilla crisps. cilantro lime wedges, avocado, sour cream
- Place all your soup ingredients in a pot and let simmer. First let your onions and garlic sauté and sweat out and then add the rest. Let simmer and let all the flavors combine and get soft for 30-45 minutes. Blend until smooth and top with your toppings!
Fresh Cravings Salsa chunky salsa’s can be found at Ralphs and can be found chilled in the produce section.
Keep up with me on instagram @lindseyeatsla!