Sumac Tomato Flatbread with Garlic Yogurt Spread.
I want tomato season forever!
These toasted naan flatbreads with a garlicky sumac yogurt spread topped with farmers market heirloom tomatoes are seriously my dream! SO easy, no fuss meal for these hot summer days.
I am absolutely in love with this recipe. It starts with a homemade garlicky yogurt sauce with garlic cloves, lemon zest, lemon juice and sherry vinegar – literally so simple. I recommend making extra and saving in the fridge. It can be used to make homemade naan, marinate chicken or even just a dip for veggies. (and to make these heirloom toasts of course)!
After you make your yogurt sauce, you go in with slicing heirloom tomatoes – if you don’t have these on hand, then any tomato works – roma, cherry, whatever you can get your hands on. Right now though, at my local farmer’s markets, the heirloom tomatoes are absolutely beautiful – I seriously cannot tell you how many tomatoes I eat every day during this summer season. Just SO good.
Once you have all your prep done, you’re going to toast your flatbread/naan and lather on your yogurt sauce and top with your heirloom tomatoes – slice, serve, and enjoy! It’s a dream forsure. I think what really elevates this dish is the awesome spice blend mixed with sumac and aleppo pepper – it just takes this to the next level.
This is my go-to summer/no bake app.
(and I might even extend making this till beg of Fall until tomato season is REALLY over here in LA).
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Spice Tribe Middle Eastern Blend
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5-6 assorted heirloom tomatoes
- 3-4 large pieces of naan/flatbread
- In a bowl, add your yogurt, garlic cloves, lemon zest, lemon, sherry vinegar, middle eastern blend, salt and pepper, mix well and set aside.
- Next cube and slice your heirloom tomatoes and lay on paper towels with a drizzle of salt to get the moisture out. (This helps so there isn’t sogginess on the naan).
- Toast your naan/flatbread, layer on your yogurt spread then your tomatoes and top with more middle eastern spice, salt and pepper. Slice and serve.
Keep up with me on Instagram @lindseyeatsla!
This blog post is brought to you by Spice Tribe. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that allow Lindsey Eats LA to continue making delicious recipes!
Looking for more breakfast & bread recipes? Start below: