It’s officially #VeggieBurgerDay and what better way to celebrate than with some hearty and flavorful Sonoma veggie burgers from Amy’s Kitchen. Mix and match your own flavors and toppings or use the below recipe of this Arugula, Pickled Onion-Cabbage Slaw with Blue Cheese Spread + Spicy Sesame Aioli. If you’re feeling adventurous, add on some chips for some crunch and read on for the full recipe!
Time: 30-45 mins. Makes 4 burgers
- Amy’s Kitchen Sonoma Veggie Burger
- 1 head of Cabbage
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Package of Sprouts
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Blue Cheese
- Handful Sprouts
- Buns of your choice
- Salt, pepper, garlic, red pepper flakes
- 2 Lemons
- 3 tsp Sriracha
- 3 tsp Mayo
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Cup Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Start to make your pickled onion-cabbage slaw. Slice up the cabbage and red onion and sauté for 5-10 minutes. Add in your vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper and let simmer. For about 20-30 minutes until the red onions are cooked through and it is fully pickled.
- Make your aoili, mix mayo, sriracha, sesame oil and 1/2 of lemon juice, add in your preference of chili flakes and set aside.
- Next your blue cheese mixture, just spread out the cheese with another 1/2 of lemon juice and 1 tsp of mayo.
- Slice your tomatoes and get your arugula ready.
- Start to grill your Amy’s Kitchen Sonoma Veggie Burger until they are cooked all the way through, once they are cooked through, add your blue cheese mixture and let melt on the pan. Toast your buns and begin to assemble your burger!
- Put on your spicy sauce first, arugula, the patty with the blue cheese, tomato, the pickled mixture, a little bit of sprouts and more spread. Top with the other half of the bun and enjoy!