Little Gem Wedge Salad with a Gorgonzola Dressing
I am absolutely swooning over this crunchy, refreshing, tangy, delicious little gem wedge salad with a gorgonzola dressing. Think traditional wedge but amped up using little gems, a creamy gorgonzola dressing and a herby-breadcrumb mixture. Basically, you HAVE to try this.
Here’s how it goes.
For the salad:
Simple is the name of the game here with little gems cut in 1/2, topped with chili flakes and pepper.
For the gorgonzola dressing:
First, it begins with greek yogurt, mayo and buttermilk (so much creaminess!) then second, we blend with garlic, lemon juice and crumbled gorgonzola cheese. And third, all mixed together with parsley, dill, dijon and olive oil.
Basically, you will LOVE this dressing.
Now for the best part, the breadcrumb mixture:
The base is pork rinds and cracklins crumbles (making this recipe completely gluten-free), use this instead of regular breadcrumbs, SO good.
It’s mixed with tons of dried herbs like basil, oregano and parsley, tossed with gorgonzola crumbles.
Finally, all these components are mixed together, so perfectly, to create one, delicious salad. Serve family style, with a fork and knife and DIG in.
THIS BLOG POST IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY 4505 MEATS. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE SPONSORS THAT ALLOW LINDSEY EATS LA TO CONTINUE MAKING DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Looking for more salad recipes? Start below:
- 1/4th cup gorgonzola cheese crumbled fine
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4th teaspoon salt
- 1/4th teaspoon pepper
- 1/4th teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4th cup pork crumbles
- ⅛ teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/3rd cup greek yogurt
- 1/3rd cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3rd cup gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4th teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4th teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dijon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt pepper to taste
- 3 little gems (cut in 1/2)
- Top with pepper and chili flakes
- In a bowl, add all your ingredients to make your breadcrumb mixture, mix everything together except your gorgonzola. Once that’s combined, gently add in your crumbled gorgonzola, mix, and set aside.
- Next, make your dressing. In a blender or food professor, add all your dressing ingredients and blend until a creamy dressing forms. Set aside in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to chill.
- To finish, wash and slice your little gems. Assemble your salad on a platter with your gems, drizzle on your dressing and top with your breadcrumb mixture, pepper and chili flakes. Serve with a fork and knife.