Mapo Tofu Ramen
Mapo. Tofu. Ramen. Adding ramen noodles in my mapo just changed the game for me. spicy from the chili flakes, sichuan peppercorns and saucy from the fermented black beans and the red chili bean paste – this recipe can be made all in one skillet. Make your chili oil, grill your shiitake mushrooms, add you sauces and tofu and mix all together with ramen noodles. 1 pot of deliciousness, so simple, filled with a bunch of flavor and just everything you need and more!
- 1 tablespoon chili bean paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fermented black beans
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped Sichuan pepper
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 block tofu cubed
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 package ramen
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried red chili
- 2 cup shiitake mushrooms
- In a skillet, heat up vegetable oil. Add your chili flakes, Sichuan pepper, garlic and ginger. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add your mushrooms and mix. Add your soy sauce, sesame oil, fermented black beans and chili bean paste. Stir until combined.
- In the meantime, make your ramen noodles according to the package instructions and set aside.
- Going back to your skillet, add your tofu, stir and add your stock and mix for 3-5 minutes. Add your ramen noodles, mix together and serve!