Kimchi Ramen Stew (Kimchi-Jjigae)
All the feelings for this kimchi ramen stew. Deep flavors with garlic, ginger, gochujang + more. all in 1 pot and comes together in no time.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 white onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced scallion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 thumb ginger strands, long
- 1 zucchini in rounds and cut in half
- 2 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon gochujang
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup kimchi cubed
- 1 ⁄2 block tofu cubed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon korean pepper flakes
- 1 package ramen
- toppings like egg yolk seaweed, Korean pepper flakes, green onion, sesame seeds
- Begin by prepping your vegetables. Heat a deep pot with vegetable oil. Add onion, scallion, garlic, ginger and zucchini. Sweat for 10-15 minutes.
- Next add your gochujang, soy sauce ,sesame oil, kimchi, sugar and rice wine vinegar and pepper flakes. Stir until all combined.
- Add your broth and let simmer for 20-30 minutes. Add in your ramen and cook for 3 minutes. Serve and top with your favorite toppings!