Hello there crispy kung pao chicken! Oven fried chicken breaded with crumbled crackers and tossed in a tangy kung pao sauce. Topped with peanuts + green onions and served over rice. I love oven baking chicken because it gets just as crispy, its a set-it and forget-it cooking method and less mess! Pure deliciousness.
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon hoisen
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon chinese five spice
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag Milton’s Gluten Free Crispy Sea Salt Crackers crumbled in food processor
- 1 cup almond flour
- peanuts rice and green onions to garnish
- To begin, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cube your chicken breast and set aside. In a food processor, finely chop up your crackers and set aside.
- Make your sauce by mixing coconut aminos, hoisen, honey, sesame oil, chili oil, Chinese 5 five, and cornstarch in a small pan until mixed well and thickened by the cornstarch, set aside.
- Set up a dredging station with beaten eggs, flour and the cracker mixture. With your cubed chicken, toss in flour, egg and then your crackers, repeat and place on your baking sheet and cook for up to an hour until outside is crispy and chicken is cooked through.
- Toss in your sauce, top with peanuts, green onions and serve over rice!