Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Coziness overload with this creamy pumpkin soup! It’s simple with under 10 ingredients. It starts off with the aromatics: salt, pepper, garlic and onions sweated out with sugar pie pumpkins, tossed in homemade vegetable broth, plant butter and blended until creamy.
Post-blend we’ve added creamy coconut milk and maple syrup to balance out with some sweetness. Completely plant-based and creamy. SO simple.
Here’s How it Goes
It begins with sugar pie pumpkins, peeled and cubed, sautéed with tons of aromatics melted with butter.
Like, onions, garlic, salt and pepper – SO simple but adds so much flavor.
Next, the soup is simmered until all the vegetables are soft and blended till perfection.
Then, last steps are adjusting with seasoning, adding in coconut milk as well as maple syrup to balance out the salty with sweetness. SO good.
Tips For The Creamiest, Silkiest Soup
First, I love to bloom the spices in butter or oil first, this helps really bring out the spice and flavor throughout the soup.
Second, really allow the vegetables to get soft instead of blended par-boiled or hard pumpkin.
Third, take your time blending everything until smooth and fourth, adjust seasonings to your taste, by adding more maple syrup or salt to your preference!
- 4 cups sugar pie pumpkins peeled, and cubed
- 2 tablespoons plant butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (adjust to sweetness preference)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- top with olive oil, coconut drizzle and chili flakes
- In a dutch oven or deep pot, simmer olive oil, bloom your salt, pepper and garlic. Then add your onion and sweat it out for 10-15 minutes.
- Toss in your cubed pumpkin and melted butter, stir well for 5-10 minutes.
- Next add your vegetable broth and water. Bring to a boil and simmer until your pumpkin is soft. Then blend until creamy. Add coconut milk and adjust with salt, pepper and maple syrup. Serve in bowl, top with oil, coconut and chili flakes.
KEEP UP WITH US ON INSTAGRAM FOR MORE RECIPES AND SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER!
Looking for more soup recipes? Start below: