Mixed Herb Pesto Pasta with Albacore Tuna
Say hello to today’s new recipe: mixed herb pesto pasta with Bumble Bee® albacore tuna. It’s creamy, dreamy and easy to whip up. I love to make extra, save in the fridge and serve the pesto in sandwiches, salads + more.
I love the addition of flakey tuna in oil to add flavor, protein and nutrients to the dish. It’s exceptionally delicious with the garlicky, cheesy, herby pesto. It’s such a perfect, comforting dish! And the colors – so GORGEOUS!
Here’s how it goes:
PASTA SHELLS: Love this shape to trap the pesto and flakes of the tuna.
PESTO: filled with spinach, basil + cilantro! You can most definitely add other herbs like mint and parsley.
TUNA: flakey Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Oil for added protein, texture and flavor!
You definitely want to give this pasta combo a try, it’s so delicious and on rotation on a weekday when I may be in a pinch for time!
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cups basil
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1/4 th cup shredded parmesan
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ of lemon zest
- 1 lb pasta shells
- 1-2 tablespoons pasta water as needed
- 2 5 oz cans Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender, add all your pesto ingredients! Blend up the olive oil, basil, spinach, cilantro, parm, pine nuts, garlic, lemon zest, zest and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Next, open and strain out excess oil from the tuna can - but leave a little bit of the liquid for more flavor and texture. Pour in a bowl and flake, do not mash. Set aside.
- Cook your pasta according to the package instructions. Strain and add in a mixing bowl, allowing extra pasta water to transfer as well (this helps bind the sauce).. Add over your mixed herb pesto, flakey tuna, more parmesan, season with salt and pepper and serve!
In this recipe we used Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in Oil. Since 1899, Bumble Bee Seafoods has been on a mission to show the world that there’s a better and more sustainable way to eat seafood.
I love incorporating these products in my recipes + pantry because they’re easily accessible, last in the pantry so I can make less trips to the store, and filled with so many nutrients like protein and good fats.Bumble Bee® committed to sustainability and, causes that help protect our oceans like minimizing plastic waste, providing alternative seafood options, and encouraging sustainable fishing practices. For more recipes and product information visit www.BumbleBee.com.
This blog post is sponsored by Bumble Bee Seafoods. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that allow Lindsey Eats LA to continue making delicious recipes!
Keep up with me on Instagram! @lindseyeatsla!
Looking for more seafood recipes? Start below: