Simple and super easy roasted tomato sauce! Mix with pasta (like we did here), proteins, lasagna, as a spread on toast – the ideas are endless! I have all the feels for this homemade sauce, built with flavor from the roasted tomatoes, shallots and zing from balsamic. So good.
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 ⁄2 yellow onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves grated
- 16 cocktail roasted tomatoes
- 2 cup Pomi Strained Tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Pomi Tomato Paste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- top with basil and shredded parmesan
- 1 lb long pasta of your choice
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees. Lay your tomatoes on a baking sheet with parchment, oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 30-40 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a skillet add your shallots, chili flakes and onions. Stir to sweat for 5-10 minutes. Add your garlic clove and tomato paste. Mix for another 10 minutes.
- Add your strained tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and butter. Then add your roasted tomatoes in and smash them. Simmer for up to 1 hour. Add in pasta water and cooked pasta, mix and top with basil and parmesan.
Keep up with me on instagram @lindseyeatsla!