Baked Nashville-Style Chicken Tenders
These baked Nashville-style chicken tenders are to die for! Less mess because it’s baked in the oven with crispy breadcrumbs, then it’s dunked in a homemade spicy oil filled with cayenne, chili + more. So hot and oh so good. Served with my all-time favorite Bubbie’s bread & butter.
Love this combo and making this all the time! If you don’t want it as spicy – just bring down the cayenne and chili levels. You can even remove the hot oil all-together and just dip it in as you see fit or eat alone with pickles! The full recipe is below.
- 1 lb chicken breast or cutlets cut in tenders
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups super fine breadcrumbs
- salt pepper, paprika to taste for flour
- Nashville Hot Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons cayenne
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon vinegar/Bubbie’s Pickle Juice
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- salt to taste
- served with Bubbie’s Bread & Butter pickles
- To begin, cube your chicken and place in a container or bag with buttermilk and preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a deep dish/wide plate add your breadcrumbs, flour, salt, pepper and paprika to set up your assembly. Next, remove your chicken pieces from the buttermilk and place in the breadcrumb mixture one by one, coating entirely.
- Place on a baking sheet with parchment, spread apart. drizzle on a little olive oil over the coating nuggets to get crispy in the oven. Place in oven for 20-35 minutes until cooked through and crispy.
- In the meantime, make your oil by heating up oil on medium high heat. In a separate bowl, mix all your dry ingredients. Once your oil is hot, remove from heat and add in your dry ingredients to the hot oil. Mix well and add your vinegar and hot sauce.
- Once your chicken is ready and crisp, dunk your nuggets in the hot oil and cool on the baking sheet with paprika and salt to top. Serve with pickles!
Tried this recipe?Mention @lindseyeats or tag #lindseyeats!
Keep up with me on Instagram @lindseyeatsla!
what is the dipping sauce