All about this broccolini pesto & sausage orecchiette! Switch your pesto up using blanched broccolini that is to DIEEE for, promise. Then char and crisp up some sausage of your choice out of the casing and mix it all together with your favorite pasta!
I’m personally an orecchiette lover just because it’s so perfect to get the sauce throughout – it coats super evenly. Read on for the full recipe.
- 3 heads broccolini
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lime juice
- 1 zest of lime
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pine nuts
- 2 cups basil
- 1/4th cup Filippo Berio 100% Italian Olive Oil
- 1/3rd cup parmesan
- 1/3rd cup pasta water (or as needed)
- 1/2 lb spicy italian pork sausage
- 1 lb orecchiette pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- To begin, make your pesto by blanching your broccolini and placing in a food processor with garlic, lime juice, zest, walnuts, basil, olive oil, parmesan and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Next, boil your pasta water and cook your pasta according to the box instructions. In the meantime in another pot, brown your sausage. Turn the heat on low and add your pesto in. Bring your cooked pasta in the pot and stir well. Adjust with pasta water if it gets dry and thick. Mix in more shredded parmesan, serve. #filippoberio
Keep up with me on instagram @lindseyeats!