Jaew แจ่ว: Thai Dried Chilli Dipping Sauce
This is the absolute ultimate dipping sauce. I also sometimes will use it as a marinade, but it just the most amazing flavors all together. It is just an umami bomb.
What’s also really amazing this dip is that it’s super easy to make and I’ll generally have all the ingredients on hand in my pantry and fridge. There is something about this sauce that has me coming back for more and I just can’t stop. It’s truly something special.
I had this dip when I was traveling through Thailand all. the. time, it is epic. Dip with beef/chicken skewers, lamb chops, vegetables, the list goes ON.
- 4-5 shallots finely chopped
- 1 bundle chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon palm or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon rice powder
- Salt to taste
- Adjust with 1 tablespoon water if needed
- Place all your ingredients in a bowl, mix well and set aside in the fridge until use.
Find some recipes to serve with JAEW here:
Keep up with me on Instagram @lindseyeatsla!