Jambon Beurre Sandwich
on Aug 09, 2023, Updated Oct 10, 2023
Jambon Beurre Sandwich
Jambon Beurre Sandwich! This butter, ham and brie sandwich is one of my favorite, easy, no-cook sandwiches to make. Butter, dijon layered on the baguette with creamy brie and ham, all closed together with arugula.
What is jambon-beurre made of? Traditionally, this sandwich is from France. A fresh baguette is spread with butter and filled with slices of ham.
What ingredients do you need for this jambon beurre sandwich?
Baguette: Use the best french baguette you can get your hands on! Sourdough bread slices, or Italian bread works too.
Thin slices of French style ham: such “Jambon de Paris” or “Jambon Blanc” Some salty prosciutto as well would work instead of or in addition to the ham.
Unsalted butter: European-style butter will work best, but anything you have on hand will work. We are using softened butter, unless you like cold chunks of european butter, which I sometimes I do love, too! (salted french butter will work too for this!)
Dijon Mustard: We are layering the butter on one side and dijon on the other side. It brightens up the sandwich, gives it flavor and tang!
Brie cheese: We are using brie cheese in our sandwich, but you can use other cheese such as Comté cheese or gruyere cheese.
Peppery arugula: Absolutely love adding some greens to this sandwich but that is definitely optional!
Serve with cornichons! If you want to make this savory, you can also do fig jam and apricot preserves.
Instructions to make this butter, ham and brie sandwich
Prepare your arugula
In a small mixing bowl, toss your arugula with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Spread your butter and dijon
Take your baguette and on one side spread your butter evenly, and on the other side spread your dijon mustard.
Add ham and brie, slice and serve!
On the bottom of your baguette, add sliced brie, and top with the ham slices. Then finish with arugula. Close your baguette and slice, into two large sandwiches or four smaller sandwiches.
Check out the below sandwich recipes for more dinner inspiration!
- Roasted Tomato Caprese and Prosciutto Sandwich
- Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese
- Heirloom Tomato Caprese Sandwich
- Prosciutto Croque Madame
If you do make this Jambon Beurre Sandwich recipe (first of all, thank you!!), be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and through social media so I can be sure to see what you’re making! If you’d like to stay in touch and get the latest to your inbox, sign up for our Newsletter here as well!
Watch How To Make This Recipe
Jambon Beurre Sandwich!
- 1 cup arugula, tossed with kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 large french baguette, sliced horizontally, makes 3 to 4 sandwiches, or 2 large sandwiches
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- dijon mustard, for spreading
- 8 ounce brie, cold, sliced in about 12 pieces
- 8 ounce ham
- In a small mixing bowl, toss your arugula with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Take your baguette and on one side spread your butter evenly, and on the other side spread your dijon mustard.
- On the bottom of your baguette, add sliced brie, and top with the ham slices. Then finish with arugula. Close your baguette and slice, into two large sandwiches or four smaller sandwiches.