All about this 10 ingredient pantry tomato pasta mixed with chopped cilantro, lemon and quick tomato sauce with onions & garlic. Comes together super quickly and is filled with a looot of flavor. Use your favorite pasta and get goin’.
- 1/2 lb penne
- 1/2 white onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 th cup olive oil
- 5-6 roma tomatoes any will do though
- 1/2 bundle cilantro finely chopped
- 1/4 th cup pasta water more if needed
- 1/2 bundle basil for topping
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Roughly chop your onion, garlic, tomatoes and cilantro.
- In a pot, cook your pasta according to the package instructions - reserve pasta water.
- Heat another skillet with olive oil and add in your onion, garlic and tomatoes. Add the remaining olive oil. Let everything combine together - season with salt and pepper. Let it reduce and thicken for about 20-30 minutes.
- Next, add in your chopped cilantro and lemon juice. Add your cooked pasta in with your reserved pasta water. Stir well, plate and top with basil.
Keep up with me on instagram @lindseyeatsla!