Persimmon and Avocado Salad with a Citrus Vinaigrette
The most amazing persimmon and avocado salad with a citrus vinaigrette! One of my favorite persimmon salad recipes. Bringing this to Thanksgiving this year as my side dish! It’s paired with the easiest and most delicious citrus vinaigrette that is so dreamy.
A mix of fuyu persimmons, avocado and quinoa tossed with a mix of spinach, kale and green chard)
This holiday salad is SO good and filled with SO much flavor! If you’re looking another persimmon salad recipe, try out our persimmon caprese salad!
Ingredients You Need
For Your Salad
- Fuyu persimmons
- Mixed greens: we are using baby kale, green chard and spinach
- Pine nuts and shaved parmesan (you can also swap with goat cheese or feta cheese as well!)
For Your Vinaigrette
- Lemon juice
- Orange juice
- Dijon mustard
- Navel orange
- Champagne vinegar
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Ideas for add-ons: pomegranate seeds, thinly sliced red onions or shallots You can also opt to add proteins like chicken, shrimp or even steak to this!
Steps To Make This Recipe
Make your quinoa and slice your persimmons
Begin by making your quinoa according to the package instructions. Set aside to cool while you slice your persimmons.
Prep your vinaigrette
Next, make your vinaigrette. In a small bowl or jar, add your lemon and orange zest, as well as juice, dijon, garlic, vinegar and salt and pepper. With a whisk, slowly start drizzling in your extra virgin olive oil until your vinaigrette is emulsified or shake if you’re using a jar.
Assemble your salad
Prep your salad! In a bowl, toss in your sliced persimmons, cubed avocado, greens, cooled quinoa, desired pine nuts and shaved parmesan. Pour over your vinaigrette, toss and serve!
Some ideas and inspiration to serve with this dish:
- Portobello Mushroom “Steaks”
- Parmesan Sweet Potato Fries
- Thai Basil & Lemongrass Rack of Lamb
- Seared Ahi Tuna with Toasted Sesame Dressing
More salad recipes to check out:
- Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad with Yogurt Ranch
- Classic Caesar Salad
- Stone Fruit, Burrata & Prosciutto Salad
- Grilled New York Steak with Sherry Shallot Vinaigrette Salad
If you do make this Persimmon and Avocado Salad recipe (first of all, thank you!!), be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and through social media so I can be sure to see what you’re making! If you’d like to stay in touch and get the latest to your inbox, sign up for our Newsletter here as well!
Persimmon & Avocado Salad with a Citrus Vinaigrette
For Your Salad
- 2 fuyu persimmons thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 5oz mixed greens (we used a mix of spinach, kale and green chard)
- 1/3rd cup quinoa
- top with pine nuts and shaved parmesan
For Your Vinaigrette
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- zest of 1/2 orange
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- juice of 1/2 a large navel orange
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1/4th cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by making your quinoa according to the package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- Next, make your vinaigrette. In a bowl, add your lemon and orange zest, as well as juice, dijon, garlic, vinegar and salt and pepper. With a whisk, slowly start drizzling in your olive oil until your vinaigrette is emulsified.
- Prep your salad! In a bowl, toss in your sliced persimmons, cubed avocado, greens, cooled quinoa, desired pine nuts and shaved parmesan. Pour over your vinaigrette, toss and serve!