Tofu Pad Thai
All I want is this pad thai, every. single. day. Easy 1 wok recipe with thai pantry ingredients, and all the topping fixing. I like to add tons of lime juice and chili flakes on mine, you?
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package rice noodles soaked in warm water for 30 minutes 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons palm or brown sugar
- 1 egg
- juice of 2 limes adjust to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 cup green onions
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 block tofu cubed
- Soak your rice noodles in warm water in a large bowl for about 30-45 minutes. Next, In a small mixing bowl, stir your fish sauce, vinegar, tamarind paste and palm sugar. Set aside.
- In a wok or deep skillet, heat vegetable oil on medium-high heat, add your cubed tofu and crisp up for 5-10 minutes.
- Add your rice noodles and stir fry sauce, mix well. Move the noodles over and crack your egg, scramble well and then mix with the rest of the noodles until everything is incorporated. Turn the heat on low and egg your peanuts, green onions, chili flakes, bean sprouts and lime juice. Stir and serve!
Tried this recipe?Mention @lindseyeats or tag #lindseyeats!
Wondering how many people this recipe is meant to serve…looks very doable!