The dreamiest Indian butter chickpeas, it’s a one pot dish that’s full of pantry staples. It’s everything right now and all made in one pot. I love all the deep flavors from this dish and then adding the chickpeas just makes it that much better!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 ⁄2 white onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 thumb minced ginger
- 2 cans chickpeas rinsed and dried
- 4 tablespoons Califia Farms Butter
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 th teaspoon cardamon
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt to taste
- 1 13.5 fl oz can coconut milk
- 1 13.5 fl oz can crushed tomatoes
- serve with naan rice and cilantro
- In a dutch oven or skillet, sweat out your onions and garlic with coconut oil. Add ginger and stir. Next add in all your seasonings: salt, garam masala, cardamon, corinader, chili powder, cumin seeds and paprika. Stir until everything is mixed evenly.
- Add in your chickpeas and stir well. Next add in your crushed tomatoes, coconut milk, butter and mix until all combined. Let reduce for 20-30 minutes. Serve with rice, naan and cilantro.
Keep up with me on instagram @lindseyeatsla!