Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
Creamy, vegan roasted tomato basil soup! Roasted assorted tomatoes, onions and garlic then mixed with carrots, balsamic + more to create a luscious and delicious soup. Then blended with coconut milk and basil for ultimate creaminess.
- 8-9 roma tomatoes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 1/4 th cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 oz regular unsweetened amondmilk
- 1 bundle basil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees. In a baking tray with parchment or oven proof pan, roast your tomatoes, onion and garlic with olive oil and salt and pepper for 30-45 minutes.
- Next, add your roasted mixture in a pot. Add carrots, balsamic vinegar, almond milk, vegetable broth, tomato paste and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Let it simmer and combine together for 30 minutes.
- Next, blend the soup mixture in a blender or a hand-blender. After it’s blended, add in your creamy coconut milk, adjust with salt and pepper. Stir well and serve.