Herb and Calabrian Chili Garlic Bread
Cue’ my new fave way to make garlic bread: spicy with Calabrian chili and herbs, like basil and parsley. Not to mention, the butter mixture is tossed with roasted garlic, which is absolutely breathtaking – literally.
This is great for a lil side dish, served alongside soup, as an app at a dinner party, served with a side salad or honestly, just for dinner by itself (been there, done that). You can check out my other fave garlic bread, too! Read along for the rest below.
Ingredients You Need
- olive oil
- unsalted butter
- chopped parsley and basil
- shredded parmesan
- Calabrian chili paste
- salt and pepper!
Steps To Make This Recipe
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and bring out your butter to room temperature.
Take your garlic, and slice off the top of the head, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, and cover completely with aluminum foil. Roast in the oven for 40-50 minutes until softened and roasted. Remove and set aside, keep the oven on and adjust to 350 degrees.
Some Ideas for Serving
- 1 french or sourdough baguette
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 1/4th cup chopped fresh parsley and fresh basil
- 1/4th cup shredded parmesan adjust more to your preference
- 1/2 teaspoon Calabrian chili paste sub with chili flakes if you can't find Calabrian chili
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and bring out your butter to room temperature.
- Take your garlic, and slice off the top of the head, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, and cover completely with aluminum foil. Roast in the oven for 40-50 minutes until softened and roasted. Remove and set aside, keep the oven on and adjust to 350 degrees.
- In the meantime, once your butter has come to room temperature, mix in chopped parsley, basil, shredded parmesan, Calabrian chili paste and salt and pepper, squeeze your roasted garlic in the mixture as well. Mix well until combined.
- Take your baguette and slice into crostini's, or rounds. Spread on your butter mixture all throughout the bread. Toast in the oven at 350 for about 10-15 minutes until the baguette gets toasty, but not burnt, soft on the inside, and the butter mixture has melted. Serve!
KEEP UP WITH US ON INSTAGRAM FOR MORE RECIPES AND SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER!