Roasted Red Pepper And Tomato Soup
I LOVE this roasted red pepper and tomato soup. It’s blended up with roasted tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, shallots, chili flakes, oregano + basil. It’s creamy, dreamy and delicious. There is also no cream in the soup making this a light, plant-based option. The spices are bloomed with plant butter from Califia Farms, which give some creaminess and silkiness to this soup. SO delicious. I think this would also be amazing to toss over some pasta, too. So much nomz!
This is going to go on your fall/winter repeat!
Here’s How It Goes
First, you’re going to start with roasting tomatoes, bell pepper, onions, shallots and garlic with salt pepper and oil.
Second, you’ll add in a pot with plant butter and seasonings – this helps the soup get creamy and silky! (no cream needed!) The seasonings we’re adding here are chili flakes and oregano – they pair perfectly with the roasted veggies. You’ll bloom the seasonings with the butter then add your roasted mixture.
Third, you’ll toss in some fresh basil and sherry vinegar. I LOVE the tartness and zing the vinegar brings here. Then seal it all together with water. (season throughout!)
Lastly, blend well, heat and serve!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers roughly chopped
- 1 yellow onion roughly chopped
- 1 shallot roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6 roma tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1/4 th teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons Califia Farms Butter with Avocado Oil melted
- 1/2 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 th cup basil
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Top with fresh basil coconut drizzle (optional) and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Roughly chop your vegetables and place your peppers, onion, shallot, garlic and tomatoes on a tray with parchment paper, mix with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 1 hour until everything is cooked and roasted throughout.
- Next, melt your butter. In a deep pot or dutch oven, add your butter on low and stir in your chili flakes, oregano, salt and pepper to let the flavors bloom for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in your roasted vegetables (juices included) and give it a good stir. Add 1 cup of water, sherry vinegar and a handful of basil. Let it come to simmer (not boil) and turn off heat.
- Transfer to a blender or use an immersion blender and mix until a smooth soup has formed. Transfer back to the pot and adjust with salt and pepper. Serve in bowls, top with basil, coconut milk and pepper!
Keep up with on Instagram @lindseyeatsla!
Looking for more soup recipes? Start below: