How To Make A Butter Board
How to make a butter board! This dreamy butter board recipe is the best entertaining platter to serve at a party for guests! Are butter boards the new charcuterie board?
What is a butter board?
This board is made of softened butter layered on a cutting board and topped with herbs, seasonings and served with crusty bread! It’s a great way to mix and match different flavors you have on hand!
You can also watch how to make this version on my Instagram!
Ingredients you need to make your butter board
Butter: The star of the show! And you know what, I’m glad it’s getting it’s moment right now. We are using room temperature butter to spread on a cheese board, then topped with all the below.
Honey: If you’re into sweet and savory, we did a drizzle of honey (hot honey works too!) for our board. You can make your board completely sweet, or you can omit the honey and keep it all savory.
Fresh herbs: Such as dill, basil, fresh rosemary, fresh mint
Fun toppings: edible flowers, lemon zest, black pepper and flakey salt
Other suggestions to serve: assorted cheeses, assorted spices, hot honey, orange zest, fig jam, thinly sliced garlic, roasted garlic cloves, chili flakes, toasted nuts like walnuts or pine nuts, radish, the list goes on!
How to make your butter board
Take your butter out at room temperature. When it’s soft to touch, spread your butter on a wooden cutting board, wood block, large board or even just a plate/platter with a knife.
Top with all your favorite toppings or whatever is on hand. We are using salt, pepper, lemon zest, slice dill pickles, shallots, dill and finished with edible flowers.
Serve alongside warm bread or a crusty slice of bread, and enjoy!
More appetizer recipes you’ll love!
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Herbed Feta Dip
- How to Make Pan Con Tomate
- Tuna Crudo with Citrus Caper Vinaigrette
- Roasted Olives with Feta, Garlic & Citrus
If you do make this Butter Board recipe (first of all, thank you!!), be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram so I can be sure to see what you’re making! If you’d like to stay in touch and get the latest to your inbox, sign up for our Newsletter here as well!
Watch How To Make This Recipe
How To Make A Butter Board
- 2 sticks butter softened at room temperature
- salt and pepper to taste
- suggested toppings: lemon zest, fresh dill, sliced dill pickles, shallots, honey, edible flowers
- Take your butter out at room temperature. When it's soft to touch, spread your butter on a wooden cutting board, wood block, large board or even just a plate/platter with a knife in a swirl like formation.
- Top with all your favorite toppings or whatever is on hand. We are using salt, pepper, lemon zest, slice dill pickles, shallots, dill and finished with edible flowers.
- Serve alongside warm bread or a crusty slice of bread, and enjoy!