Hello delicious sourdough mushroom toasts. It’s easy, it’s simple, and it is SO good. A blend of baby bella and shiitake mushrooms are sautéed to perfection with fresh garlic and reduced down with white wine. All topped on toasty sourdough bread. Totally easy, vegan toast.
I like to top mine with chopped parsley and fresh lemon juice with some zest. If you’re looking for a cream version, check out our Mushroom & Sage Toasts with Whipped Goat Cheese.
What ingredients do you need for these mushroom toasts?
Mushrooms: Use any mushrooms you have on brand! Such as, cremini mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, white button mushrooms, baby portobellos, or really anything. We are using baby bella and shiitake mushrooms.
Garlic: The minced garlic really brings something nice and pungent to this recipe.
White Wine: I love reducing down my mushrooms with wine, it adds a sweetness and also just so much flavor.
Butter or Extra-Virgin Olive Oil: Either will work here!
Lemon Juice and Parsley: To finish off the delicious toasts! But other herbs you can use can be fresh thyme or rosemary, as some other ideas! Cilantro will work, too.
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper!
How To Make Your Mushroom Toasts
Slice your mushrooms and garlic cloves. In a skillet, large frying pan or cast iron, heat and melt your butter on medium-high heat until shimmering on medium-low heat. Add in your mushrooms and allow them to cook down.
Then add in your kosher salt and pepper and minced garlic and sauté for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir to combine.
Next add in your white wine and let that reduce down until the mushrooms are crispy and cooked throughout – about 30 minutes.
Turn off the heat and add a bit of lemon juice. Serve on toasty bread and top with parsley, salt and lemon zest.
Check out the below vegetarian recipes for more inspiration!
- Ricotta Toast with Mango Apricot Jam
- Whipped Brie Cheese
- Sriracha Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Sesame Noodles with Mushrooms
If you do make this Mushroom Toast recipe (first of all, thank you!!), be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and through social media so I can be sure to see what you’re making! If you’d like to stay in touch and get the latest to your inbox, sign up for our Newsletter here as well!
Updated from January 2021
- 3 cups baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- top with lemon juice, lemon zest, and parsley
- serve with toasty sourdough bread
- Slice your mushrooms and garlic cloves. In a skillet or cast iron, heat and melt your butter until shimmering on medium-low heat. Add in your mushrooms and allow them to cook down.
- Then add in your salt and pepper and minced garlic and saute for 10-15 minutes.
- Next add in your white wine and let that reduce down until the mushrooms are crispy and cooked throughout - about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add a bit of lemon juice. Serve on toasty bread and top with parsley, salt and lemon zest.