Baked Feta Cheese with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Make way for this baked feta cheese with sun-dried tomatoes! Hands down the easiest baked feta recipe, ever. The most addicting flavor and best appetizer. This recipe combines feta cheese with sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and herbs that make the perfect dish.
If you’re looking for more feta recipes, you can check out the viral Baked Feta Pasta with cherry tomatoes, as well.
What ingredients do you need for this baked feta recipe?
Block of feta cheese: The star of the show is this feta cheese! Baked till’ perfection and super creamy. It pairs well with any of your favorite flavors, in this case we are using sun-dried tomatoes and fresh herbs.
Extra virgin olive oil: Olive oil is going to help soften up the feta cheese, and make the oil base for all the herbs.
Fresh herbs of choice: We are using fresh basil leaves, fresh parsley and fresh oregano. You can also use fresh thyme, or rosemary too.
Black pepper and kosher salt
Optional add-ons: Garlic, red pepper flakes, olives (like Kalamata olives), we have a similar recipe of that here!
Instructions to make this recipe
Prep your feta
Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. In a baking dish, or oven safe skillet, add in your block of feta. Season with olive oil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Season your feta
Sprinkle your block of feta with finely chopped fresh herbs (we are using parsley, oregano and basil), grated garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Optional to also add some lemon zest here as well. Finish with olive oil
Bake to complete your feta dip
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until your desired doneness. Be sure not to overcook, or else it will harden up.
Serve with crusty crostini or crackers of choice!
Tips, Tricks and Substitutions
Does feta melt when baked? Feta cheese doesn’t melt the same way that other cheeses, such as cheddar or mozzarella will when they are baked or cooked. However, it does get creamy and soft and it does keep it’s texture as well.
What can I do with a block of feta cheese? You can do so much with feta cheese! Feel free to check out all our feta cheese recipes, ranging from feta pasta, to baked with olives as well. You can also make salads with crumbled feta as well.
Can I use this base for another variation of baked feta pasta? YES! Feel free to use any of your favorite vegetable add ons as well such as fresh spinach, asparagus, zucchini or anything you have on hand.
What are you baking the feta cheese block in? I love to bake a block of feta in this Lodge 5 inch cast iron skillet. However, you can use any oven safe dish you have on hand.
Check out the below appetizer recipes for more inspiration!
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Gochujang Spicy Mayo
- Seared Ahi Tuna Cucumber Bites with Wasabi Mayo
- Mushroom Roasted Garlic Bread
- Crispy Grilled Potato Salad with Horseradish Sauce
If you do make this Baked Feta Cheese with Sun-Dried Tomato recipe (first of all, thank you!!), be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and through social media so I can be sure to see what you’re making! If you’d like to stay in touch and get the latest to your inbox, sign up for our Newsletter here as well!
Watch How To Make This Recipe
Baked Feta Cheese with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 8 oz block feta
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1/4th cup herbs of choice we are using basil, parsley and oregano finely chopped
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4th cup extra virgin olive oil
- lemon zest optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- serve with toasted crostini
- Prep your feta. Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. In a baking dish, or oven safe skillet, add in your block of feta. Season with olive oil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Season your feta. Season your block of feta with finely chopped fresh herbs (we are using parsley, oregano and basil), grated garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Optional to also add some lemon zest here as well. Finish with olive oil
- Bake! Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until your desired doneness. Be sure not to overcook, or else it will harden up.
- Serve! Serve with crusty crostini or crackers of choice!