Horseradish Cream Sauce
The perfect condiment! This is the best horseradish cream sauce recipe ever. Made with minimal ingredients, I love this sauce.
What should I use creamy horseradish sauce recipe for? Some ideas can pair with dishes like prime rib, steak frites, roast beef sandwiches, beef tenderloin and potatoes!
What ingredients do you need for the best horseradish sauce?
Mayo and sour cream: These two ingredients make up the base of the cream sauce and bring the creaminess, tartness and flavor to this sauce!
Prepared horseradish (or fresh horseradish root): You can add in grated horseradish root if you prefer, or you can use prepared horseradish. Adjust to your preference, too if you like more or less.
Vinegar: I love the flavor profile vinegar adds to this sauce. You can use sherry vinegar, white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or really any vinegar you have on hand will do.
Kosher salt and black pepper
Fresh herbs: Such as, chives or tarragon
For add-ons: you can include in this sauce can include mustard, dijon mustard, lemon juice instead of vinegar, just to name a few.
Instructions to make this creamy horseradish sauce
In a small to medium mixing bowl, toss together your mayo, sour cream, horseradish, worcestershire, vinegar, tarragon and salt and pepper. Next, mix to combine and serve, or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Check out the below sauce recipes for more inspiration!
- Horseradish Kale Caesar Salad
- Crispy Grilled Potato Salad with Horseradish Sauce
- Herb Lamb Meatballs with a Horseradish Dipping Sauce
- Chipotle Adobo Sauce
If you do make this Horseradish Cream Sauce recipe (first of all, thank you!!), be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and through social media so I can be sure to see what you’re making! If you’d like to stay in touch and get the latest to your inbox, sign up for our Newsletter here as well!
How To Make This Recipe
Horseradish Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped tarragon (chives work too!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small to medium mixing bowl, toss together your mayo, sour cream, horseradish, worcestershire, vinegar, tarragon and salt and pepper. Mix to combine and serve, or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to serve.