30+ Game Day Appetizers
30+ Game Day Appetizers
Welcome to the most epic 30+ game day appetizers! Take game-day snack to the next level with the below party appetizer recipes that are SO good, impressive and versatile.
Some highlights include our lemon pepper wings, spinach artichoke dip, shrimp cocktail (to just name a few) and MORE!
Easy unique appetizers to the classics
1. Crispy Parmesan Potatoes: These crispy parmesan cheese potatoes are something special! Basically parmesan crusted potatoes that are soft on the inside, and crunchy outside. This recipe is the perfect side dish for any occasion! This recipe inspiration come by way of a viral Tiktok trend, and for good reason, it is SO simple and delicious.
2. Mushroom & Sage Toasts with Whipped Goat Cheese: These mushroom & sage toasts with whipped goat cheese are life-changing and giving me all the Fall & holiday vibes right now. Get IN on this. The whipped goat cheese is garlicky, lemony and super tangy and creamy. Then paired with sautéed white wine mushrooms (think shiitake, baby bella and shimeji), garlic and sage – like, what a combo!
3. Spicy Salmon Crispy Rice: Lookin’ for a way to use up leftover rice? You will absolutely love this spicy salmon crispy rice. It uses frozen, leftover rice that is cubed and fried till perfection. A spicy sushi-grade raw mashed salmon mixture is topped for the ultimate perfect bite. We’ve finished our crispy rice off with a thin slice of jalapeño and a little dash of sriracha.
4. Baked Buffalo Wings: I am such a sucker for buffalo wings, I can never say no! I especially love crisping them in the oven and making my own buffalo sauce! Definitely one of my favorite things to bake and an easy dinner option. They’re my favorite snack, and you can even make them air fryer chicken wings.
5. Classic Shrimp Cocktail: I love this classic shrimp cocktail and this just screams summertime to me! Great for entertaining, or a refreshing, crunchy app/dinner idea! It’s easy and the sauce is just OH SO addicting. It starts with a blanch and ice bath for the shrimp in salt, sugar and lemon juice.
Dips, Bacon, Wings and more
6. Bacon Wrapped Asparagus: 5 ingredient bacon wrapped asparagus ~ all you have to do is bundle your asparagus with bacon. Sear and grill, use a sheet pan, and put in the oven topped with shredded parmesan for cheesy and nutty goodness. Then just drizzle with balsamic and lemon zest. + done!
7. Crispy Chicken Sambal Party Wings: I think wings are definitely one of my favorite things to make + eat. What’s even better is it’s SO easy to make them at home. But even better, I love making crispy chicken wings in the oven on a baking rack instead of deep frying = less mess but just as delicious and crispy – trust me.
8. Herb Lamb Meatballs with a Horseradish Dipping Sauce: I am absolutely dreaming of these herb lamb meatballs paired with a horseradish dipping sauce. It is just the perfect, easiest, no fuss mess recipe that is filled with flavor.
9. Spinach Artichoke Dip: This spinach artichoke dip is the best appetizer/side/dinner EVER! Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, or even bread and eat up! It’s also extremely quick and easy to make, this will go on repeat.
10. Roasted Garlic & Herb Yogurt Dip: All about this roasted garlic & herb yogurt dip!! Say hello to this cozy/easy prep-ahead appetizer for the holidays. It starts off with roasted garlic (duh) then blended with herbs like mint, parsley and chives, with a lil bit of lemon and skyr yogurt – which makes this dip super thick & creamy!
11. Muhammara Dip: So many feels for this cozy muhammara dip! It’s blended with homemade roasted red bell peppers, walnuts, lemon juice, spices like paprika, cumin and garlic that makes this dip SO delicious.
12. Baked Buffalo Cauliflower with Crème Fraîche Ranch: Baked Buffalo Cauliflower with Crème Fraîche Ranch – okay, now this is SUCH an amazing recipe. I am a sucker for anything buffalo. It is everything. I will have it with everything and anything. In conclusion: you will LOVE this.
13. Vegan Sweet Potato Nachos: Take your nacho game to the next level by making these sweet potato nachos that are delicious but also super healthy for you! Whole 30 + Vegan!
14. Crunchy Fried Goat Cheese Balls: I am obsessing over this fried goat cheese. It’s soft on the inside and super crunchy on the outside from the panko crust – it’s honestly what my dreams are made of. I also stuffed and served it with a tomato and ricotta pesto. I am in heaven!
15. Caramelized Onion & Mushroom Cast-Iron Pizza: I am obsessing over this caramelized onion & mushroom cast-iron pizza. It’s combining all my favorite things – caramelized onions, crispy sautéed mushrooms, pizza & fontina cheese. Literally perfect combos. All made in a cast-iron with the dough crisped on the stovetop and finished in the oven – it’s that simple.
More perfect game day appetizers
16. Heart of Palm and Watermelon “Ceviche”: Try out this plant-based watermelon + heart of palm “ceviche”. Loads of goodies including tomatoes, jalapeños, red onions, heart of palm, watermelon, cucumber and cilantro.
17. Caramelized Onion Rolls: This caramelized onion rolls recipe is absolutely delicious and SO easy! It comes together in no time, is cheesy and SO dreamy! This recipe is majorly inspired by french onion soup with gruyere cheese and dreamy caramelized onions cooked in wine.
18. How To Make A Butter Board: How to make a butter board! This dreamy butter board recipe is the best entertaining platter to serve at a party for guests! Are butter boards the new charcuterie board?
19. Caesar Deviled Eggs: This caesar deviled eggs recipe is a unique and fun take on the classic deviled eggs! It is easy, and SO good! This recipe is inspired by caesar salad with the base being a caesar dressing tossed with the egg yolks.
20. Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries with Honey Mustard: These air fryer sweet potato fries with honey mustard will be your new best friend. When I tell you, this is the easiest recipe EVER.
Mushroom garlic bread, bruschetta and more
21. Tomato Bruschetta: Okay, this tomato bruschetta might be my favorite thing EVER. This recipe holds a special place in my heart because it was hands down the first recipe I learned to make/cook.
22. Lemon Pepper Wings: This lemon pepper wings recipe come together in NO time and are SO good! A quick lemon pepper butter paired with crispy wings = perfection. When I tell you I DREAM of these wings, I mean it. They’re seriously SO tangy, easy and delicious. The flavor on these is unmatched!
23. Mushroom Roasted Garlic Bread: Okay, here me out, this mushroom roasted garlic bread is next level! Grilled mushrooms blended with softened butter and roasted garlic is truly a match made in heaven! The ultimate garlic bread flavors.
24. Grilled Crispy Pork Belly Wraps: This recipe is legitimately the meal of my dreams. Pork belly marinated and grilled crispy to absolute perfection – tender pork belly on the inside, with the top bite having that huge crunch. Take it up a notch by making a spicy chili paste and wrap up your crispy pork belly in lettuce wraps with rice.
25. Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls: These buffalo chicken egg rolls are absolutely delicious! Because nothing is better than shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, cream cheese, yogurt ranch dressing, green onions and sharp cheddar cheese all mixed together and fried to perfection in egg roll wrappers.
Feel free to sub chicken with ground beef, too. Or use the base for a buffalo chicken dip and skip the egg rolls, your choice. 🙂
Dessert and Drinks
26. Cheesecake Marble Brownies: This cheesecake marble brownie recipe is just a DREAM! Homemade brownie batter topped with cheesecake is so epic. In this recipe, there is a marble swirl; but if you wanted to do a double layer with brownie and do a full cheesecake layer, that would absolutely be delicious as well.
27. Easy Lemon Mousse: The perfect fluffy, easy lemon mousse recipe! It is custardy, super citrusy and topped with whipped cream. Also, the perfect holiday dessert to prep ahead. The most amazing lemon flavor! (Also wonderful for citrus season!)
28. Strawberry, Pineapple & Mango Cocktail: Today’s vibe: Strawberry, Pineapple & Mango Cocktail! For this I’m using gin but you can sub for vodka or tequila if that’s what you prefer. Love this refreshing drink made with muddled strawberry, pineapple & mango juice as well as coconut water. NOM.
29. Bloody Maria’s with Bacon, Shrimp & Infused Tomatoes: Stacked Bloody Maria’s on today’s agenda! (topped off with bacon and shrimp, of course :p)
30. Empress Gin Fizz: I am all about this empress gin fizz! It’s easy and super impressive. I love that it requires minimal effort. I love to pour it in these adorable glasses and serve to guests (or even just a Fri afternoon treat!) It has everything I personally want in a cocktail – sour for the lemon, gin, homemade simple syrup, some fizz from the soda water.
Want more easy game day appetizers?
Find all our game day recipes in our index! Thanks for reading along to these 60+ Easy Dinner Ideas!!
If you do make any of these 30+ Game Day Appetizers (first of all, thank you!!), be sure to leave a comment and/or give the recipes a rating! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and through social media so I can be sure to see what you’re making! If you’d like to stay in touch and get the latest to your inbox, sign up for our Newsletter here as well!
In addition, we can also be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
30+ Game Day Appetizers
For Your Chicken
- 1.5-2 pounds chicken wings we're using flats
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour you can sub for baking powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of garlic powder
For Your Lemon Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning or lemon zest and fresh pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4th teaspoon chili powder or cayenne powder
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley to toss at serving
- Dry your chicken. Toss your chicken wing flats with olive oil, flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Place your wings in the air fryer at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes (depending on your air fryer!) flipping halfway through. I like mine a little more on the crispy side, so I'll check in on them, give them a toss, and let them crisp up to my liking.
- Alternatively, you can fry these in oil of your choice if you don't have an air fryer.
- While your chicken is in the fryer, make your lemon pepper sauce. In a sauté pan, melt butter on low heat (you don't want browned butter) with lemon pepper seasoning, chili powder, lemon juice, salt, pepper and lemon zest until all melted and incorporated. Toss over your wings until fully coating, finish with chopped parsley and serve.